09 November 2011

Taking On New Adventures...

What Do You Get When You Let An Idea Out Of The Bag? ...A New Adventure...

Fellow Round of Words author J.R. Pearse-Nelson and I tossed around some fun banter a few weeks ago.  You see, we both have had new releases this year, and are nearing the dates for our second releases!  So, being the fun girls we are, we both commented on how terrific it would be to celebrate in some way together.  Well...one thing led to another, and before either of us knew what had happened, we'd decided to host a Christmas-time promotion!

Over the last two weeks, J.R. and I have been sharing ideas of how we could best accomplish a promotion (neither of us have attempted anything like this before) that will offer authors and readers alike a fun holiday season blog hop of sorts.  We will feature newly published authors (having books out this year), showcase a glimpse of the various authors in a meaningful way, and offer readers a great Christmas Reading Gift List - through purchase links - and prizes.  One of our main goals was to keep the requirements simple!  With the Christmas season upon us, life gets busy.  It's also a time to share with family and friends.  With that in mind, we invite you to join in the fun.
(To be added to the author list, or for more information - email either myself or J.R.  We'd love to have you!)
jrpearsenelson@gmail.com
nadja.notariani@gmail.com

12 Days Of Christmas Reading Gift List






Photobucket/>


You can also support your fellow Row80/Platform/Insecure/REN3 authors by posting a link to the giveaway!  Just grab our button and put it on your sidebar.  Oh!  And don't forget to stop by during the 12 Days!  By commenting - and answering our question(s) - you'll be entered to win one of the great books on the list.  There will be multiple chances to win, so come on over.  12 Days of Christmas Reading will begin on December 10, 2011 and run until December 22, 2011.

Goals...

It's the usual this check-in...typing, writing, you know.  I've managed to break 18K in my NaNo project, which is encouraging.  There are far to many state of being verbs, but - Ha! I don't have to worry about that right now!  I'll be replacing them with 'strong-verbs' later.  Maybe I'll have a collection day of verbs where everyone will comment with their  top three favorite verbs...hmmm.  That sounds like fun. :)

I also managed to design a blog button!  For someone technically challenged, such as myself, this was a huge endeavor.  But...after all that hoopla I just wrote, it was fairly simple.  I followed the straight forward directions Amy Lynn Andrews suggested - check it out. 

I've still to finish Her Dark Baron's typing.  Sigh. 

I don't want to talk about it.

How are you coming along with NaNo?  Are you letting your story flow out, or stifling it with the 'inner-editor'?

~ Nadja

24 comments:

  1. Don't want to talk about it? Pfft. Ok. We won't force you. Good job on being a couple of days ahead on NaNo. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ryan! And another big congrats to you for completing your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun idea. I'll have to keep an eye out. Way to go on Nano! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I ended up downloading the ebook for "Outlining Your Novel". I'll give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. J.R. asked me the other day if I wanted to be included in the Christmas promotion. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    Yay on your NaNo word count! Good luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with NaNo! NaNo's going all right, still behind but closing in. I'm finding turning off that editor is easier in Scrivener so another plus for the software in my book.

    Your 12 Days of Christmas sounds like a cool idea and I'll definitely keep an eye on it :)

    Good luck with the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got my link up with the badge. Yay! 'Tis ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool badge; let's see how long it takes the medievalist to get it up on her blog (sigh).

    Your going great guns with the wordcount. Yahoo! I hope you have a great weekend.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, talk about no inner editor!!! That's "you're." One of my most pet-peevy mistakes, too!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a check-in. First off, good work all around. No worries about typing up the story, it will happen. And a huge congrats on the NaNo word count. I'm adding you to my list of NaNoWriMos that I envy. I like your idea of the blog hop and give away. I don't think I will be able to hop on board this time, but I will keep watching for your next one. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elizabeth (and anyone else) - Don't let technology be a hurdle. I'm sure Nadja will help, but feel free to shoot me an email as well if the badge is giving you fits. I'm generally more of a blogger guy, but I like to think I know my way around technology in general...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fingers, so many pies!

    Glad everything is going well with NaNo and I am impressed with your button making! You are going all high tech on me!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, the dark baron wagon needs a little oiling, understandable with nano going on, great job on the word count.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to read Her Dark Baron! I know it'll be another good'un!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job with your NaNo word count! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad everything is coming together for the Christmas promotion.

    My NaNo writing had a brief pause but I'm slowly coming back, trying to keep that inner critic tied up and let the words flow...then of course tie the inner critic back up when it wriggles free.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are all just great! Thanks so much.
    @ Ryan - I sure hope you like the book as much as I do!
    @ Matt - as always...you're that guy, Matt :}
    @Elizabeth - Thank you for sharing the button...I appreciate it!
    @Raelyn - glad that software is helping...that inner editor can be troublesome for me, too. Hope you join in the 12 Days fun.
    @ Lauralyn - Super! Glad you're on board ;)
    @Em - As always, Em, you make me smile. (and I cannot tell a lie..I was a little proud that I did it too. Not splitting the atom, but for me, an accomplishment...lol)
    @Wendy Jane - I'm so sorry to hear that! But enjoy your holidays...
    @ Angela - I know! If you need help roping that imp - shoot me an email...Ha!
    @ Katy - Yes. *blushes* it does.
    @ Ghenet - Thanks so much. Are you doing NaNo?
    @Julius - Thanks for the support Jules! I need to get it finished, but I'm faltering with the NaNo writing/typing. Plus...I've taken on a new fitness regime that has me sore from head to toe! I'll have to fill you in later.
    And thanks for putting up the button for 12 Days! I appreciate it.
    @ Darcywords - Please do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on keeping ahead. I'm having Week 2 Blahs but trying to power my way through it. I'm ahead only because I'm doing word sprints with other NaNo peeps. I think that's the only way my word count is so healthy. :)

    CONGRATS on your releases.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Scribbling...
    Don't let those blahs win out! Keep writing! Sounds to me like you'll 'power-through-it' just fine. I haven't done any word sprints with fellow NaNo peeps, but I have done my own. Author Claudia Lefeve gave me the idea quite awhile ago, and it's the best thing! I set a timer and write for 30, 40, or 60 minutes.
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great idea! Do you guys already have your twelve books? If not, you could ask Jennifer Hendren (the author I interviewed on Wednesday) if she'd like to on board.
    I wish I could play too :-) Still typing away at my NaNo novel...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to help and promote the 12 Days. My book is not published but I will be visiting the participating blogs, commenting and tweeting about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome progress with NaNo, Nadja. I'm monitoring my progress with ROW80 (which I found out about on your blog).

    The reading list sounds like a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've done Nano and it is TOUGH, so kudos to you for hitting 18,000 words already! You rock! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Angela and Medeia! I'm glad you're enjoying ROW80! And Angela - you're a doll to help with the promotion end. Thanks so much:)

    Kate..thanks. I've got to keep going, though. Ha! Lucky this is only a first draft...

    ReplyDelete